This is not your usual HOT sauce!
Ingredients You Will Need
9 Large Tomatoes
3 Large Green Peppers
2 Large Onions
3/4 Stalk of Celery
3/4 Cup of Sugar
1 Tablespoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
3/4 Cup of Vinegar
How to Make Not So Spicy Chili Sauce
1. Rinse tomatoes then scald in hot water to make peeling easier.
2. Peel and dice into small pieces, squashing slightly.
3. Place tomatoes in cooking pot.
4. Stir in all other ingredients on high heat until mixture begins to boil.
5. When mixture begins to boil turn down to low heat and stir often.
6. Cook slowly for 1- 1 1/2 hours until consistency is thick.
This is a perfect recipe for canning. As you can see here, I use pint jars or jelly jars to can my extra sauce. If canning, make sure to place your sauce in hot jars and immediately seal your lids tight for freshness. Enjoy!