Refreshingly Fast Summer Snack
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 Can Solid White Albecore Tuna In Water
- 1 Baby Cucumber
- 1 1/2 Celery Stock
- Scallion Tips
- 2 Table Spoons Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- Lettuce Leaf
- Carrot (Optional)
- 2 Mixing Bowls
How to Make a Cucumber Tuna Salad
- Drain water from tuna, place in bowl, and flake apart with fork.
- Dice celery, scallion tips and add to tuna.
- Cut cucumber lengthwise first. Then thinly slice the remaining pieces and add to tuna.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, a dash of salt and pepper (to your liking), and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice in separate bowl.
- Thoroughly mix mayonnaise bowl into tuna bowl.
Place lettuce leaf on plate with tomato wedges then lightly grate carrot over top of lettuce.
Scoop cucumber tuna salad on top of lettuce and enjoy!
I enjoy my cucumber tuna salad as a light refreshing treat, especially in the Summer. Paired with farm fresh tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, and assorted crackers it’s a delicious treat
for you and your family. Now remember, don’t be afraid to try something new with the cucumbers. I was skeptical at first but that was over 50 years ago and I haven’t looked back!