Summer Make It & Take It Picnic Recipe
Ingredients you will need:
- 2 Pounds Hamburg
- 1 Cup Chopped Onions
- 1 Cup Chopped Green Peppers
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 8 Ounces Ketchup
- 6 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1 Frying Pan
How to Make a Homemade Whimpies
- Break up hamburg into pan and brown on medium heat.
- Once browned, drain grease from hamburg.
- Add all other ingredients to hamburg mixing thoroughly.
- Reduce heat, cover with lid, and simmer for approximately 30 minutes.
This is one of my go-to recipes for Summer. It’s easy to make and easy to take! I love that you can add a pinch of this and a dash of that to easly change it up to suit your taste.
Some folks refer to this recipe as Sloppy Joes. What I like about my version is that it isn’t sloppy or messy it’s just delicious!