Hi friends and welcome to the backyard! I’ve got a quick and easy way to give your old rubber doormat a makeover. You cannot pass up this chance to recycle and refurbish so let’s get started!
We’ve had this plain black rubber mat for several years. Rocket and Daisy the dogs of Gnome & Backyard are looking a little concerned about its condition. These mats are super sturdy and really do last a long time so I thought about how to give it a makeover. At first, I wasn’t sure if it would work. Guess what? It worked better than I imagined!
Materials you will need:
- Rubber Mat
- Acrylic Paints
- Small Paint Brush
- Acrylic Sealer/Finisher Clear Matte
If you want to give your own mat a makeover, here’s how:
- Wash your mat and let it dry thoroughly.
- Using the colors of your choice and a small paint brush, follow the raised designs on your mat.
- Spray the entire mat with clear acrylic sealer.
- Let mat dry, waiting at least one week before foot traffic is allowed on it. During this time the acrylic paint will harden and with proper care last several more seasons.
2 thoughts on “Painted & Recycled Rubber Door Mat”
Now I know how to update my old mat I’ve loved so much! Thank you! 🙂
You definitely have to do this! Recycle 😉