Salmon croquettes are deliciously crispy on the outside and packed with flavor on the inside. Serve them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They are delicious any time of day! I enjoy mine as a light meal or snack usually accompanied by fresh greens. Although they sound fancy, they are quite simple to prepare. So let’s get started!
Ingredients you will need:
- 1 Can Red Salmon
- ½ Cup of Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Margarine or Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of Milk Additional
- Scallion Tips
- Cracker Crumbs
- Cooking Oil
How to Make Salmon Croquettes
- Clean your canned salmon removing all bones and any dark skin.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 teaspoon of milk, scallion tips, salt, and pepper to your liking.
- Heat ½ cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of margarine or butter on stove until melted.
- Add mixture from bowl into heated milk/butter and cook on low until mixture becomes thick and milk is cooked down.
- Let mixture cool.
- Add salmon thoroughly blending it with mixture.
12. Remove croquettes from oil, place on paper towel to remove excess oil and enjoy!