Always a Favorite At The Church Picnic
Ingredients You Will Need
7 Potatoes (Approximately 4 Cups)
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Pepper (Optional)
1/2 Cup of Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
3 Tablespoons Flour
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Mixing bowls
1 Electric Frying Pan
1 Slotted Spatula
How to Make Classic Potato Pancakes
1. Shred or grate potatoes and onion in mixing bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix salt, pepper, flour, baking powder, and milk.
3. Beat egg and add into your step 2 mixture.
4. Mix your shredded potatoes and onion into your mixture.
5. Heat vegetable oil in electric frying pan. I set my frying pan to 350 degrees.
6. When oil is hot, scoop a tablespoon of mixture and carefully place into oil.
7. Flatten out slightly with spoon. As you add more scoops to your oil ry to keep them from touching.
8. Fry 2 minutes on each side to a golden brown.
9. Carefully remove with slotted spatula and place on paper towel to remove excess oil.
This simple yet classic potato pancake recipe, made with little more than grated potatoes and onions, is always a family favorite! I enjoy mine served with applesauce or sour cream. Although, for a sweet treat, sprinkle a light dusting of sugar on top and you just discovered a delightful dessert. As always, I hope you give this recipe a try and please let me know what you think. Enjoy!